Thyroid Comprehensive Panel, Reverse T3
The Thyroid Comprehensive Panel with Reverse T3 provides our most comprehensive thyroid lab test. These lab tests are used to evaluate thyroid function and aid in the diagnosis of disorders affecting the thyroid gland.
This thyroid lab test package includes:
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH): Produced by the pituitary gland and aids the thyroid gland in producing T4 and T3
- T4 (Thyroxine): A hormone produced by the thyroid gland which helps maintain the body’s metabolism as well as other systems and functions
- T3 Uptake: Helps evaluate the amount of proteins in the blood which carry thyroid hormones throughout the body
- Free Thyroxine (T4) Index: A comparison of the amount of T4 which is unbound or free to that which is bound to proteins in the blood
- Free T3 and Free T4: Hormones produced by the thyroid gland. Free T3 and Free T4 are not bound to proteins in the bloodstream
- Reverse T3: The inactive form of T3 which is sometimes produced when the body is under significant stress
What does this test reveal about your health?
This package will provide a thorough and in-depth screening for someone wishing to assess their thyroid health. The variety of tests included in this panel also make it ideal for people who are experiencing symptoms associated with thyroid disorders or monitoring their response to treatment for thyroid conditions.
Specimen collection after fluorescein dye angiography should be delayed for at least 3 days. For people on hemodialysis, specimen collection should be delayed for 2 weeks.
Estimated Time Taken
3 - 4 working days after collection of specimen.