Quest Diagnostics Test Code: 439
Estrogens are secreted by the gonads, adrenal glands, and placenta. Total estrogens provide an overall picture of estrogen status for men and women.
Estrogens are a group of steroid hormones that are converted from androgens and are responsible for the development of the secondary sexual characteristics and the functioning of the reproductive organs. Estrogens can be used to diagnose a host of disorders in women depending on the phase of life they are in.
This test is performed in following conditions such as:
• Girls experiencing signs of early or late puberty
• Women experiencing infertility issues
• Women on hormone replacement therapy in menopause
• To assess ovarian function
• In women with irregular menstrual periods
• Symptoms of menopause
Also Known As: E2
The Estrogens, Total test has no fasting requirements.
Estimated Time Taken
Turnaround time for the Estrogens, Total test is typically 1-3 business days.